If you have ever been injured in a serious car accident, many of your friends and family may be asking you to “tell the story” of how it happened, how long it took you to recover, and what the outcome was. While it is human nature to feed curiosity, it is also important to tell your car accident story for other reasons.
“Telling your story” can do the following:
- Help you remember exactly what happened
- Help others remember what happened
- Allow your physicians to understand why you have the injuries you do
- Help you overcome any stress and fear that resulted from the trauma of the situation
- Provide valuable information to the at-fault party and the person or company that is financially responsible for paying for the accident
The last reason is also the one that can have the greatest impact on your recovery. While the person responsible for paying for your accident needs to know your story in order to justify paying the claim, it is imperative that you do not provide more information than you need to.
That is why it is important to enlist the help of an experienced attorney who can tell that story for you. He or she can make sure that the details are all clearly relayed to the insurance company so that you can receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Tell us your story today by calling Walker, Billingsley and Bair at (641) 792-3595.