I am a truck driver who lives in another state, but was hired by an Iowa trucking company. Where should I file my workers’ compensation claim?

Generally, if your employer has a written employment manual or policy stating that your claim will be handled under Iowa law, then Iowa should have jurisdiction over your claim.  However, there are lots of variables in determining the appropriate jurisdiction.  Keep in mind that time limitations can be quite short so you should promptly contact an Iowa attorney to discuss the proper state to file your claim in. 

If you have questions about where to file your claim or would like a no cost workmans' comp case review, contact our office at 641-792-3595 and ask for Corey or Erik.

Corey Walker
Connect with me
With over 20 years legal experience, Corey has been recognized for his work as an injury attorney.