There can be a number of reasons that a dog will turn on you but there are 3 most common reasons for a dog bite attack in Ames. If you or someone you know has suffered a severe dog bite attack in Ames, you should contact an Ames, Iowa, dog bite attorney to pursue the full compensation you deserve.
3 Common Reasons for Dog Bite Attack in Ames
Dogs bite for three key reasons:
- Dominance - a dog is commonly known to attack small children to show a sense of dominance. The dog may attack a young child because it's an easy target.
- Defense - a dog is territorial and will attack to defend its territory. A dog may bite to guard itself, its owner, or its owner's property.
- Security - regarding defense, a dog will strike if it is threatened or feels distrusted by a person.
Tips to Avoid a Dog Bite Attack in Ames
To avoid the occurrence of a dog bite attack in Ames, there are several tips you may find useful:
- distance yourself from an unfamiliar dog;
- don't run from an aggressive dog;
- remain calm and still when interacting with an unfamiliar dog;
- don't disturb a dog while he is preoccupied; and
- don't approach a dog from behind.
A dog bite attack in Ames can be a serious physical, financial, and emotional challenge. Get legal help from your Ames, Iowa, dog bite attorney to see if you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Contacting an Ames, Iowa, Dog Bite Attorney
The Des Moines injury attorney team at Walker, Billingsley & Bair works hard to level the field between injured Iowans and insurance companies. Contact your Ames, Iowa dog bite attorney to pursue a fair settlement for your child's injuries and damages - 1-800-707-2552.