QuitDD.com (DD- short for Distracted Driving) is a community safety project to help deal with these sobering statistics:
According to research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2019 distracted or inattentive driving has become a national epidemic, accounting for an estimated 3,142 deaths and more than 400,000 injuries.
- In 2020, despite Americans driving millions of miles less than prior years, the number of deaths caused by motor vehicle crashes in the United States increased more than 9% to 42,060. The preliminary numbers for 2021 look even worse at around 44,000 deaths.
- Of the deaths in 2020, 5,213 (12.4%) involved young drivers between 15- to 19-year-old involved in fatal crashes were reported as distracted at the time of the crashes.
- Year after year, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for U.S. teens, followed by other injury-related matters and tragically teenage suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death.
- On average 11 teenagers die every day because of texting and driving.
- Closer to home, in Iowa in 2019, 39 young drivers (ages 14 to 20) lost their lives in motor vehicle crashes.
We offer FREE cell phone wallets to remind you to quit distracted driving. To request yours today, click on the wallet.
What does QuitDD.com do?
We encourage all Iowans to stop texting and talking on a cell phone while driving. We offer a cell phone wallet to attach to your phone to remind you not to drive distracted.
To Help Promote QUITDD:
To learn more, watch Attorney Corey Walker's Interview on KCCI about distracted driving and IowaFADD, click here.
Who Are We?
We are a group of local concerned citizens who have seen firsthand tragedies caused by texting and distracted driving. Currently, members of our group are Corey and Beth Walker (local attorneys), Jeff Maki (a Newton area insurance agent) and Dr. Jay Koenen (a Newton Chiropractor). We want to make a difference in the lives of local residents because if we prevent even one tragedy the money spent will be well worth it.
This community project was the idea of Iowa personal injury attorney Corey Walker who has represented hundreds of Iowans injured and killed in car accidents. He has seen an alarming trend of car crashes caused by distracted driving such as texting while driving and talking on cells phones while driving. He decided to do something about this problem and formed a group of concerned citizens to develop and finance this community safety project. Yes, personal injury lawyers care about their community and can and do help people.
If you would like to receive a FREE cell phone wallet, click on the wallet above or call Marie at (641) 792-3595 and ask her to send it out.