Do I have the right to a 2nd opinion?

Yes.  Under Iowa law once the company doctors have said that you are as good as you will get, you have reached MMI, you have the right to have an independent medical examination performed by a doctor of your own choosing for an impairment rating and permanent restrictions.  There are many doctors who specialize in giving second opinions in workers’ compensation cases

Corey Walker
Connect with me
With over 22 years legal experience, Corey has been recognized for his work as an injury attorney.