If I Do Not Agree with the Company Doctors Impairment Rating What Can I Do?

At some point in your treatment the doctors will say that you will not make further improvement, also known as reaching MMI- maximum medical improvement.  At that point the doctor should determine your permanent impairment rating.  If you disagree with the impairment rating, under Iowa Code § 85.39 you have the right to have an IME- independent medical examination.  The IME will be conducted by a doctor that you choose who will provide his/her opinions concerning your permanent impairment rating and restrictions.  There are several doctors that I can recommend depending on the nature of your injury.

Corey Walker
Connect with me
With over 22 years legal experience, Corey has been recognized for his work as an injury attorney.