When the symptoms of post-traumatic arthritis become too severe to manage in your daily life, it may be time to consider a surgical treatment, such as total knee replacement surgery.
Some of the more severe symptoms most commonly associated with post-traumatic arthritis include:
- pain when partaking in various activities, including walking, standing, or shopping
- a limited range of motion
- stiffness of the joint and surrounding muscles
- aching and swelling of the joint
- joint deformity
- tenderness around the knee
- constant wariness that the knee might collapse or “give out”
Speak With an Iowa Workers' Compensation Attorney after a Work Accident
If your knee pain has not been addressed by nonsurgical treatment, you may require total knee replacement surgery, but your employer may be resistant to pay for it. Schedule a free consultation with a workers' compensation attorney who can help you get the coverage and benefits you’re lawfully entitled to. Call the attorneys at Walker, Billgsley & Bair at 1-800-707-2552 for questions or assistance with your case.
To make the most out of your consultation, bring any related documents with you, including medical records, receipts, and a copy of the accident report you should have filed with your employer immediately after the accident.