According to the Iowa Department of Transportation, in 2011, there were over 1,000 motorcycle accidents. In some cases, proper materials may be helpful to motorcyclists who are in an accident, or in case a motorcyclist gets lost, stranded or experiences bike problems while on the road.
What's in a motorcycle safety kit?
A motorcycle emergency kit should include:
- first aid items, including aspirin, bandages, burn cream, gauze, and peroxide;
- bug repellent;
- a flashlight;
- a blanket;
- basic repair tools, including spare oil, a tire kit, fuses, a wrench, duct tape, and pliers;
- other handy tools, such as scissors, a pocket knife, matches, and batteries;
- weather protection items, including a rain suit and gloves;
- non-perishable food items, such as trail mix, granola bars, and crackers;
- water bottles;
- a cell phone; and
- a GPS and map.
No matter how thorough a motorcyclist is in preparing for a motorcycle trip, accidents do still happen. Anyone who has been a victim of a motorcycle accident may call 888-435-9886 to speak to an accident attorney in Des Moines, Iowa at Walker, Billingsley & Bair. Personal Injury victims could be due compensation for their injuries and damages.