The internet is flooded with attorneys who all claim to be the best at handling car accident claims.
Instead of automatically choosing the first one that comes up in Google, always make sure to really research the person behind the search result. Some attorneys pay a lot of money to companies that can promise to “get them to the top of Google search results” but don’t really have the experience or customer service to really care for their clients the way they should.
Here are some key factors to look for when researching a lawyer:
- What is discussed on the firm website? Do they talk about themselves or do they provide educational information to help others?
- Are they active in their local community? What do they do to improve the quality of life for people in and around them?
- What do others have to say about the firm? Five star ratings are great but look for reviews with substance that give an explanation to the service that the happy client received.
- Does the firm offer ample opportunities to communicate with them? Firms that encourage interactive conversations before you are a client could mean that the great communication will continue after you have already formed the attorney-client relationship.
- Is it clear that the firm’s employees actively participate with their employers and enjoy working for the firm? Happy Facebook posts and other social media interaction is a strong sign that employees like their jobs and are treated with respect and kindness, which is a tell-tale sign of an awesome firm culture.
- What do other attorneys have to say about the firm? Client feedback is important, but so is the peer feedback. Knowing that you are hiring a firm that works well with other attorneys on opposing sides of issues shows that the lawyers you are considering are most likely patient, fair, and hardworking people.