If you have severe injuries and insurmountable medical bills stemming from a dog bite attack in Iowa, you may need to hire an attorney. A dog bite attorney in Des Moines can advocate for your rights and help you obtain compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
If you try to handle a dog bite case without the guidance of an attorney, you risk minimizing the value of your claim. With an attorney you could obtain as much as 5 times more compensation than you would on your own.
Why You Need a Dog Bite Attorney in Des Moines
Among other reasons why you need an attorney after a dog bite attack in Iowa are:
- If you were attacked by a dog that belongs to a relative or friend, you may be apprehensive about filing a claim. Having an attorney can be efficient and help you to avoid any nasty confrontations.
- An attorney is a shrewd negotiator and can help you reach a fair settlement and bypass the long, drawn-out courtroom process.
- An attorney with a vast case history is better equipped to evaluate your case and help you obtain all compensation to which you're entitled.
- If your injuries force you to take time off from work, your attorney can help calculate lost wages as well as lost fringe benefits.
- An attorney can adequately calculate how this will affect your future earning potential.
Attorneys can also use their resources to gather evidence, hire private investigators if necessary and consult with experts to review medical evidence. If you don't hire an attorney, you may have a lot to lose.
Contacting a Dog Bite Attorney in Des Moines
The Des Moines dog bite attorney team at Walker, Billingsley & Bair know the importance of medical treatment for dog bite injuries. That's why we provide this FREE book, Iowa Consumer's Guide to Dog Bites. To learn more about what our legal team will do to help you protect your Iowa dog bite claim, contact Walker, Billingsley & Bair to schedule a no-cost consultation - 641-792-3595. For immediate assistance or to schedule a consultation, call 641-792-3595.