There are several benefits available in an Iowa Workers' Compensation claim. That being said, if you want to get the most out of your Iowa Workers' Compensation claim, you should meet with a Des Moines Workers' Compensation attorney. Your attorney will help gauge the cost of your current and future medical needs, rehabilitation needs and disability needs in order to negotiate for fair compensation.
Workers' Compensation Benefits in Iowa
Your Des Moines Workers' Compensation attorney can help you to seek the Workers' Compensation benefits that are available in Iowa, which include:
- Medical benefits - your employer is obligated to pay for reasonable medical care to treat your work injury. This includes travel expenses for treatment and payment for lost wages, under certain conditions, if you must leave work for treatment.
- Disability benefits - weekly compensation cannot top 80% of your spendable earnings, which is your pay remaining after taxes.
- Second injury fund benefits - if you have in the past suffered a permanent disability affecting your eye, leg, foot, hand or arm, and then suffered another work injury that led to a permanent disability in another eye, leg, foot, hand or arm you might be eligible for these benefits.
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits - if you are in a vocational rehabilitation program that may eventually lead to your returning to work, you may be entitled to $100 a week for at least 13 weeks.
- Death benefits - If a loved one whom you were dependent upon has died in a workplace accident in Iowa, you may be able to receive death benefits. To qualify, you should be a surviving spouse, dependent child or anyone else who was actually dependent on the worker.
Before you file an Iowa Workers' Compensation claim on your own, you should seriously consider hiring a Des Moines Workers' Compensation attorney to make sure that your legal rights are protected and improve the odds that you might receive the full extent of Workers' Compensation benefits to which you are entitled.
Contacting a Des Moines Workers' Compensation Attorney
The Des Moines Workers' Compensation attorney team at Walker, Billingsley & Bair work hard to level the field between injured Iowans and insurance companies. That's why we provide this FREE book, Iowa Workers' Compensation - An Insider's Guide to Work Injuries: 7 Deadly Mistakes To Avoid If You Are Hurt At Work. To learn more about what our legal team will do to help you protect your Iowa work injury claim, contact Walker, Billingsley & Bair to schedule a no-cost consultation - 1-888-435-9886.