Last Updated: 8/28/2023
Navigating Iowa car accidents without legal counsel can be possible in certain scenarios. For instance, if you've experienced minor injuries. Requiring only a few medical appointments and you make a complete recovery with no lasting effects/scarring. Or if the accident resulted in property damage alone.
Handling your case by yourself might be an option. Opting to represent yourself can be sensible for smaller cases where legal assistance might not significantly benefit you. Why give up a portion of your potentially modest settlement to hire an attorney?
If your situation involves substantial medical intervention like physical therapy, surgery, pain management care, or other invasive procedures, it would be advised to consult a seasoned Iowa Car Accident Lawyer. Having an experienced car accident attorney looking out for your best interests, protecting your rights, and leading you through the process will not only relieve your stress but also will likely result in more money for you.
Have you considered:
- Identifying the appropriate settlement value for injuries resembling yours from a car accident?
- Assessing the insurance coverage of the at-fault driver and exploring alternative means to cover your injuries if their coverage falls short?
- Determining if additional insurance policies could potentially compensate you, particularly if the other driver has only the state-mandated minimum coverage of $20,000 per person.
An accomplished car accident attorney will be able to evaluate your case based on medical records, police reports, and other essential documents, and should provide a feasible range for your case's value.
What else should an injury attorney do for you?
1. Conducting a comprehensive case investigation, which might include hiring a private investigator for witness interviews and engaging with investigating officers.
2. Serving as the point of contact for insurance adjusters on your behalf.
3. Request and obtain your medical records and bill
4. Managing subrogation claims pertinent to your case.
5. Handling communications with collection agencies and medical providers regarding bills.
6. Clarifying the legal process and guiding your decision on filing suit or trying to settle first.
7. Offering a realistic case valuation after reviewing medical records and knowing the facts in your case.
8. Providing you with copies of correspondence and regular case updates.
9. Much more is explained in our Iowa Car Accident book.
Before you consider hiring any attorney you should look at what their past clients have to say about them on their webpage, at http://www.avvo.com/and/or on Google. Also, you should look at the results that they have achieved for prior clients which should be listed on their webpage. If you would like to watch what our prior clients have to say about our services Click Here. To review some of our results in car accident cases Click Here.
We offer a car accident review to you at no cost or risk, just call 641-792-3595. We will answer your questions, tell you about how the system works and give you advice as to whether you need a lawyer in your case or not. If you are not yet ready to talk to an attorney, then we offer our book "The Legal Insider's Guide to Iowa Car Accidents: 7 Secrets to Not Wreck Your Case" at no cost or risk. In the book we will explain in more detail about whether you need an attorney or not; what you should do in order to find the best car accident attorney for you and your case; explain what damages may be available to you in your case (pain and suffering, loss of full mind and body, loss of consortium, etc.); and much, much more. Finally, you can learn about Iowa car accident laws in the comfort of your own home so request your copy of our Iowa Car Accident book now.