Many people are advised that they should hire an attorney after a serious car accident in Iowa, but very few people understand exactly why. That’s why we are going to debunk the mystery behind what our Iowa attorneys do for our clients.
While we cannot speak for other lawyers in our area, here are just a few of the ways that we help our clients:
- During the initial (free) consultation, we will analyze your situation and gather as much information as possible, including your statement on what happened, a list of your treating physicians, and photos of your injuries.
- We will obtain the police report from the accident, and gather any necessary witness statements.
- You will be introduced to the paralegal that will be handling your case, and encouraged to contact her any time you have a question or concern. You will also be given access to the attorneys, and have the opportunity to discuss your issues with him or her as well.
- The firm will order all of your medical records and bills incurred as a result of the accident, and combine them into a comprehensive demand package to be sent to the at-fault party’s insurance company, as a request for settlement. This will include an impact statement on how the accident has affected your life and the life of your loved ones, so the insurance adjuster will be able to fully understand just how traumatic the incident was for your household.
- The attorneys will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, making sure to notify you of any and all settlement offers.
- With your approval, the attorneys will settle your claim, making sure to obtain compensation that will cover the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and future cost of medical care.
- Despite having your case settle, you will be invited by the attorneys to stay in contact with the firm, and reach out any time you have any type of legal issue. The attorneys will work hard to handle your issue, or to provide you with a trusted colleague or friend that can help, in the event that your problem is outside of the types of cases that we typically handle.
For more information on what we do for our clients, contact Walker, Billingsley & Blair at (641) 792-3595 today.