You definitely do not need an attorney for every work injury case. For example, our office will only accept your case if your injuries are permanent. Some of the benefits of hiring an attorney are:
- You will have someone on your side protecting your rights and explaining how the legal system works.
- The attorney will help relieve the stress of dealing with the insurance company.
- An attorney can take away the pressure of collection agencies and medical providers calling about your medical bills as they will be directed to contact the attorney.
There are some situations where you should hire an attorney:
- Serious Injuries: If you have sustained serious personal injuries requiring surgery or other significant medical treatment. Before you make a potential mistake in your case you should have a qualified attorney on your side to help you through the process. (Hint: There are many issues involving unemployment law. For example, if you are fired and have been hurt at work there is a right and wrong time to apply for unemployment benefits. You need an attorney that can also help you through the unemployment process because it can have a significant impact upon your work injury claim).
- Permanent Injuries: If it did not appear that your injuries were serious at first, but after you are done with treatment you receive a permanent impairment rating and/or permanent restrictions or if you still have ongoing pain or limitations then you should talk to a qualified work injury attorney to find out if you should receive industrial disability or Second Injury Fund benefits.
- Denied claim: If your work injury claim has been denied by the insurance company or your employer then you will most likely need an attorney if you want to successfully pursue the matter further. There are many pitfalls with handling a case on your own because there are specific rules and legal requirements that must be followed.
Choosing a qualified work injury attorney can be difficult. Learn more about your rights and how to find a qualified Iowa work injury attorney in our FREE Iowa Workers' Compensation book. Request your copy with no cost or obligation today and learn more in the comfort of your own home. If you want to speak with someone immediately, CALL (641) 792-3595 and speak to one of our injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury (Car Accident, Truck Accident, Motorcycle Accident, Dog Bites, etc)
You definitely do not need an attorney for every injury case. For example, our office will not accept your case if there is little or no property damage and/or your injuries are minor. Some of the benefits of hiring an attorney are:
- Relieve your stress of dealing with the insurance company. Also, our experience in dealing with insurance companies will help ensure that you receive the full value of your case
- If your health insurance plan is not a self-funded ERISA plan, then you can charge the plan an attorney fee which goes back to you as our client. For example, if you have $15,000 in medical expenses paid by your health insurance plan, then if you have an attorney involved you only have to pay the insurance company back $10,000 and the additional $5,000 goes to you. If you do not have an attorney involved then the entire $15,000 goes to the health insurance company. If it is a self-funded ERISA plan we will negotiate with them, and often they will accept a substantial reduction. This increases the net amount of money you receive.
- Trial Experience. If your case is not able to be settled you will have a trial attorney working hard to achieve the best possible verdict.
Hiring an attorney for your personal injury matter is a very important decision. Don't make the common mistakes other injury victims have made. Learn more about hiring an attorney and protecting your rights in our Iowa Car Accident book. Request your copy today for no cost or obligation and learn more about Iowa laws and what you should receive in the comfort of your own home. If you want to speak with someone immediately, CALL (641) 792-3595 and speak to one of our injury attorneys now.